Join me on a pre-season performance training camp, professionally guided and supported by GPM10, in the heart of Catalonia.
Girona is fast becoming the established hub of the professional cycling community, and not without good reason. The area offers a favourable climate, predominantly traffic-free roads and a wide variety of excellent cycling terrain. With rolling hills in the peripheries and higher mountains towards the foothills of the Pyrenees, the region also boasts a spectacular Mediterranean coastal road, making it perfectly suited to packing in those early season kilometers.
- Feb 28 – March 7, 2015
- March 4 – 8, 2015
Featuring individual performance tests to establish your current level of fitness, structured training rides and specific drills designed to address your strengths and weaknesses, this training camp provides the perfect opportunity to launch your 2015 campaign. Ride distances will range from 110 – 150km per day on training routes established by local pro cyclists. The majority of the rides will be conducted at endurance intensity (less than 75% FTP / 75% Max. HR) with the addition of high-intensity drills and efforts.
The week will also include the opportunity to:
- Carry out power profile tests over key time durations, which will be used to establish an individual Critical Power profile.
- Group-exercises such as a team time-trial simulation and ‘cat-and-mouse’ workouts will help to polish group-riding skills ahead of the season.
- Undertake flexibility assessments to test weak and under active muscle groups with strength and conditioning coach Anthony Purcell from Performance Pro.
- Participate in evening presentations to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your training.
Our base camp for the week is a modern, urban hotel in “Les Pedreres”, a well-known residential area in Girona that features superb views across the city and surrounding countryside. The Plaza Catalunya, Muralla Carolingia (the city wall, unique in Europe) and Girona Cathedral are a few minutes walk away.
- £1200.00 based on 7 nights with a single room
- £950.00 based on 4 nights with a single room
Please note that a power meter and heart rate monitor are recommended so that I can provide personal power-file analysis and feedback.
GPM10 is owned and run by the same passionate cyclists who founded the company in 2003. Their market leading reputation has been built on providing challenging and professionally supported trips and events for those wishing to push the limits of their riding.